As previously announced,
took advantage of its attendance to Friedrichshafen exhibition to hold the annual Assembly,
making the long trip of its members worth his while.
In an intense but friendly international work environment, several new projects were discussed.
We hope they will be released soon.
But we did not forget the main reason for being there: attend the visitors of our booth,
this year coming from: Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Italy, Japan,
Lithuania, Netherlands, Romania, Spain, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, United Kingdom, USA, ...
and, of course, Germany, the host country of the show.
The winner of the drawing for a free annual membership was S58ZOR. ¡Congratulations!
On the other hand, the EURAO Award check point in the fair validated a lot of QSL cards of
S58MU and ON4PM, who achieved the Silver category. Let's go for the Gold, guys!
Amateur Radio News...
On September 27, 2014, 9:00-11:00 CEST, the first exercise of this kind at European level will be held.
This was one of the projects discussed by EURAO
members at Friedrichshafen, and it will be carried out with the support of
associations in several countries.
Some of the EECE challenges are:
to establish a human communications network of two levels: one national and another one international,
to define operating procedures, to test its reliability, the operators skills and deployment time.
This award has been set up as a tribute to lighthouse keepers, either in mid-ocean or isolated islands.
Since the automation of most of these lighthouses, their keepers are, in the main, no longer required,
but their long-standing contribution cannot be denied.
With this in mind, WLOTA has been developed to encourage amateur radio operations from these remote locations.
This is an idea of F5SKJ and F5OGG, with the enthusiastic support of
On November 9, from 08:00 to 12:00 UTC, it will be held the forth edition of the "sprint contest" version
of the same name Award, devoted to the "Radio Clubs of the World".
In just four hours you can win original and funny prizes that you can share with your mate or friends: hotels, restaurants,
wellness or adventures.
Moreover, you will have the opportunity to contact those radio clubs you still needed to complete the EANET Award.
Newsletter issue: 2014-09-15
General Assembly 2014.
EURAO member associations
- CISAR: Centro Italiano di Sperimentazione ed Attività Radiantistiche (Italy)
- FEDI-EA: Federación Digital EA (Spain)
- VRA: Vlaamse RadioAmateurs (Belgium)
- UFRC: Union Francophone des Radio Clubs (Belgium)
- FeRaCat: Federació de Radioaficionats de Catalunya (Spain)
- ARR: Asociatia Radioclubul României (Romania)
- RCL: Radioamador Clube de Loulé (Portugal)
- RNRE: Raggruppamento Nazionale Radiocomunicazioni di Emergenza (Italy)
- TRGM: Tertulia Radioamadoristica Guglielmo Marconi (Portugal)
- ARRLx: Associação de Radioamadores da Região de Lisboa (Portugal)
- LigaCBR: Liga Española de Asociaciones CB y Radioaficionados (Spain)
- RFDX: Romeo Foxtrot International DX Club (The Netherlands)
- CFR: Community Friends Radio (Russia)
- IECRO: International Emergency Communication Registry of Operators
- NRSI: National Radio Society of Ireland
team at HAM RADIO 2014.