The European Radio Amateurs' Organization announces a new party on the air, this time with the motto:
"give youth a chance". Remember this is not a contest, it is just a radio meeting with a few simple 'rules',
better to call them recommendations.
Purpose: to promote amateur radio among young people, have fun and meet other hams all over the world.
Where regulations permit, licenced radio amateurs are encouraged to invite and supervise young future operators to have their first
experience with real radio. Of course also SWLing is welcome.
Date & time: September 20th and 21st, 2014, Saturday and Sunday, 00:00-24:00 UTC.
Bands & modes: these are the recommended frequencies for SSB:
3.740, 7.090, 14.290, 18.140, 21.360, 24.960 and 28.390 MHz.
Call: "CQ EURAO Party".
Exchange: because this is a QSO event, not a contest, you can talk about whatever you want, in any language, and
for as long as you like. Here are some topic suggestions to get the conversation going: name, city, locator, weather, antennas, rigs, etc.
Also talk about QSL interchange. Tell the truth. Say "no, thanks" if you are not interested in QSL cards. But if you would like
to have a memory of your contact, feel free to use our EuroBureauQSL (see below).
Logs: for statistic purposes only, we ask participants to submit their logs to
email@example.com in ADIF format, where the filename should be your callsign (e.g. EA3RKF.ADI).
There will be no results or league tables, only statistical information about number of QSOs, countries, callsigns, OMs/YLs/Clubs, etc.
Amateur Radio News... (cont.)
is an NGO
created in 1995 by radio amateur volunteers aware of the importance of radiocommunications in any solidarity project
involving groups of geographically distant partners.
It all started in the Great Lakes crisis, when some of them were
working in Rwanda and Zaire for several NGOs
on different projects.
Since then, more than sixty projects were carried out in a dozen of countries, mainly in Africa and South America.
Most of these projects improve communications in such a way that residents receive adequate health care on time, saving many lives.
RSF-RWF is member of FEDI-EA,
which itself is member of EURAO.
Visit its website to learn how you can help and participate in the projects of this great radio amateur NGO.
News in brief
- Colloquium of Radio Amateurs: September 20, 2014, in Almeirim, Portugal, organized by
Associação de Radioamadores do Ribatejo, CT1ARR.
There will be a presentation on the EURAO's experience by CT1BAT.
Also DJ1WF will do a demo of ATV: analog, digital and LASER.
- CISAR's Annual Assembly and Meeting: September 27-28, 2014, in Senigallia (AN), Italy.
Live on its streaming TV channel.
- Jamboree on the Air (JOTA): October 17-19, 2014, annual meeting over the airwaves of Scouts and Guides world wide.
- Europe on the Ionosphere: October 17-19, 2014, pan-European Amateur Radio Event organized by
Dx Plus, Hellenic Radio Amateur Team.
- Asia Pacific DX Convention 2014: November 14-16, in Osaka (Japan).
Several presentations are planned, as well as a visit to the ICOM factory.
- URC's General Assembly: November 15, 2014, in Fontenay-le-Comte, Vendée, France,
held by the Union des Radio-Clubs et des Radioamateurs.
- EA5RM QSL DXpedition Manager: cards of:
5H2AG, 5J0R, 9X0R, CP1XRM, E4X, S01R, S04R, ST0R and XU7ABD,
are now also available via EuroBureauQSL.
EURAO Newsletter: issue dates
- 15 February
- 15 June
- 15 September
- 1 December
International QSL Service
EuroBureauQSL: entry points
- Argentina: LU1MA - CRC - P.O. Box 232 - 5500 Mendoza
- Belgium: FRA - P.O. Box 1630 - B-1000 Brussels 1
- Chile: CE3FED - FEDERACHI - P.O. Box 9570 - Santiago 21
- Costa Rica: TI2WMP - Waldyn Murillo Pérez - P.O. Box 117-1450 - 10601 San José
- France: F8URC - URC - 162 rue Roger Salengro - F-62330 Isbergues
- Germany: DL0AFC - AFCD - P.O. Box 300128 - D-50771 Koeln
- Greece: HAG - 22, Kassandras Str. - GR-10447 Votanikos - Athens (Attika)
- India: VU2DSI - Datta Deogaonkar - "Surabhi", Meherabad - Ahmednagar 414006
- Italy: IT9BCC - Nino Caracci - Via Campobello, 108 - 91022 Castelvetrano
- Luxembourg: LX9AK - ADRAD - P.O. Box 26 - L-3601 Kayl
- Netherlands: PD3SV - Sieger Veenhoven - Grotestraat 17 - 7471 BK Goor
- Portugal: CT1TGM - TRGM - P.O. Box 497 - P-3001-906 Coimbra
- Russia: RO6L - RQSL - P.O. Box 515 - 344000 Rostov-on-Don
- Spain and Andorra: EA3RKF - FEDI-EA - P.O. Box 3050 - E-08200 Sabadell (Barcelona)
- Uruguay: CX3CCC - Radiogrupo Sur - P.O. Box 950 - 11000 Montevideo
- USA: W2EN - Douglas Rue - 21 Jeffrey Court - Somerville, NJ 08876
- Venezuela: YY5PEZ - Bernardino Soares - P.O. Box 195, O.P.T. San Juan de los Morros - Estado Guarico - CP 2301