Joan Lluís Massana Torres, EA3CWZ, treasurer of the Federación Digital EA since 2000 and of EURAO since its inception,
discreet, affable, always QRV, willing to lend a hand in whatever was needed, positive, with a constructive attitude, with a curious and innovative spirit,
has passed away at the age of 87. We will miss him. A lot of!
He tried all facets of amateur radio, but he stood out, above all, for his enormous human quality, a living example of the much acclaimed ham spirit. As an association manager, Joan Lluís
shunned any desire for prominence and always emanated a generous attitude of service. A true rara avis in the sector.
It is not usual for us to announce SKs. But Joan Lluís well deserves an exception. RIP.
The European Radio Amateurs' Organization
announces a new party on the air, this time with the motto: "hunting SES".
Remember this is not a contest, it is just a radio meeting with a few simple 'rules', better to call them recommendations.
Purpose: SES, special event stations, are very common throughout the year on the air but more especially at this time.
They consist of special callsigns on the occasion of special commemorations, significant anniversaries or extraordinary events. They can be about Christmas, the World Day of something or an emblematic place.
In any case, it is a matter of being attentive, contacting that station and writing it down in the log.
Date & time: from December 15th, 2022, to January 15th, 2023, 00:00-24:00 UTC.
Bands & modes: all modes and frequencies, mainly in HF bands, but not only.
CQ EURAO Party" (listen the call of the SES).
Exchange: the usual RS(T) and callsign are required.
Logs: for statistic purposes only, we ask participants to submit their logs to
email@example.com in ADIF format, where the filename should be your callsign (e.g. EA3RKF.ADI).
There will be no results or league tables, only statistical information about number of QSOs, countries, callsigns, OMs/YLs/Clubs, etc.
Certificate of Participation: for all those sending the log and without a minimum of confirmed QSOs.
EuroBureauQSL: you can use it to interchange QSLs even if you are not member. In this case, just send the QSL
to the entry point in the country of the station you have contacted.
Amateur Radio News... (cont.)
The so-called EANET Sprint Contest, for short, was held last November 6 for the twelfth time
with participants from six countries: Italy, Portugal, Spain and Romania.
In radio club category the winners have been: EA1RCQ, EA3RKM and EA3RCA;
and in the radio amateur category: EA7YV, and EA4HNO and EA4DT ex aequo.
All of them will receive the deserved prizes before Christmas. Congratulations and hope to hear you next year!
News in brief
- RCL Lunch of XXXVIII Anniversary and Christmas: December 17, 2022, 12:30, at restaurant "O Américo", Olhão (Portugal).
Organized by Radioamador Clube de Loulé, CS0RCL.
- 773RG Christmas Lunch: December 18, 2022, 12:00, at restaurant "Al Dodicesimo", Ariccia (Italy).
Organized by 773 Radio Group, IQ0XV.
EURAO Newsletter: issue dates
International QSL Service
EuroBureauQSL: entry points
- Argentina: LU1JHF - Casilla de Correos 66 - 3200 Concordia, ER
- Belgium: FRA - Jean-Marie T'Jaeckx - Perrebroekstraat 16 - B-9200 Dendermonde [web]
- France: Bureau QSL ANRPFD - Jacques Parmantier - 52, Rue Le Corbusier - F-42100 Saint-Étienne [web]
- India: VU2BK - MHRC - Brahma Kumaris, Shantivan Campus - Dist. Sirohi, 307510 Rajasthan [web]
- Ireland: EI9HQB - Paul Raftery - Ballybride - F42TK49 Roscommon
- Italy: IW2ETR - Paolo Fiorelli - Via Monsignor Danieli, 34 - 23017 Morbegno, SO [web]
- Panama: HP1RCP - Radio Club de Panamá - P.O. Box 0819-11334 - Panamá [web]
- Portugal: CS5LX - ARRLx - Rua Actor Isidoro, 38 C/V A - P-1900-026 Lisboa [web]
- Romania: YO9RIJ - Petrica Stolnicu - CP 12, Ghiseul 1, Buzau 7 - RO-120340 Buzau
- Spain and Andorra: EA3RKF - FEDI-EA - P.O. Box 3050 - E-08200 Sabadell (Barcelona) [web]
- Uruguay: CX5A - Radiogrupo Sur - P.O. Box 950 - 11000 Montevideo [web]
- USA: W2EN - Douglas Rue - 21 Jeffrey Court - Somerville, NJ 08876
- Venezuela: YV4VV - Radio Club Valencia - P.O. Box 510 - 2001 Valencia, CA [web]