The European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations (CEPT) has produced a series of recommendations
and deliverables very useful for radio amateurs world wide, because a lot of non-CEPT countries also adopted them.
Here it is a summary:
- T/R 61-01:
CEPT Radio Amateur Licence: entitles its holder to operate in a lot of countries that have adopted it, without obtaining
an individual temporary licence.
- T/R 61-02:
Harmonised Amateur Radio Examination Certificate (HAREC): shows proof of successfully passing an amateur radio examination
and facilitates the issuing of an individual licence in a different country.
CEPT Novice Radio Amateur Licence: similar to T/R 61-01, but for novice licences (medium level).
Amateur Radio Licence Examinations for Persons with Disabilities: with the same syllabus of T/R 61-02,
this claims for different facilities depending on the kind of disability.
There are also two documents,
ERC Report 32 and
ECC Report 89,
describing the syllabus examinations for the novice and entry-class licences
and a new website devoted to Radio Amateurs and CEPT task:
The European Radio Amateurs' Organization
announces a new party on the air, this time with the motto: "whispering the bands".
Remember this is not a contest, it is just a radio meeting with a few simple 'rules', better to call them recommendations.
Purpose: to discover and disseminate the program
WSPR (Weak Signal Propagation Reporter), designed by Joe Taylor, K1JT,
1993 Nobel Prize in Physics, which uses a digital mode and very low power to probe propagation paths.
Enjoy and be amazed how far you can get. Also SWLing is possible.
Date & time: June 18th and 19th, 2016, Saturday and Sunday, 00:00-24:00 UTC.
Bands & modes: these are the recommended frequencies (+/-) for WSPR:
1.8366, 3.5926, 5.2872, 7.0386, 10.1387, 14.0956, 18.1046, 21.0946, 24.9246, 28.1246 and 50.293 MHz.
About our members...
is a Portuguese ham association founded in 1984 and declared of public utility since 1994.
It manages several V-UHF repeaters and beacons. Also very active in HF, DX, contests and awards.
Recently RCL has become member association of EURAO.
is an Italian association founded in 2009, devoted to Emergency Communications and made up of volunteers, most of them radio amateurs.
That is the reason RNRE has become member association of EURAO.
News in brief
- Battle of Carabobo International Contest 2016: on June 25-26, sponsored by our member club
Radio Club Valencia AC, YV4VV.
- HAM Fest India 2016: on November 5-6, hosted by our member club Mount Abu International Ham Radio Club.
EURAO Newsletter: issue dates
- 15 February
- 15 June
- 15 September
- 1 December
International QSL Service
EuroBureauQSL: entry points
- Algeria: 7X2JV - Noury B.M. - P.O. Box 87 - Bouarfa 09019 Blida
- Argentina: LU1MA - CRC - P.O. Box 232 - 5500 Mendoza
- Belgium: FRA - P.O. Box 393 - B-1000 Brussels 1
- Chile: CE3FED - FEDERACHI - P.O. Box 9570 - Santiago 21
- Costa Rica: TI2WMP - Waldyn Murillo Pérez - P.O. Box 117-1450 - 10601 San José
- France: F8URC - URC - 3 rue Saint Lugle - F-62190 Lillers
- Greece: HAG - 22, Kassandras Str. - GR-10447 Votanikos - Athens (Attika)
- India: VU2BK - MHRC - Brahma Kumaris, Shantivan Campus - Dist. Sirohi, 307510 Rajasthan
- Italy: IT9BCC - Nino Caracci - Via Campobello, 108 - 91022 Castelvetrano
- Luxembourg: LX1CC - Mill Reiff - 34, rue de la Résistance - L-3340 Huncherange
- Portugal: CT1TGM - TRGM - P.O. Box 497 - P-3001-906 Coimbra
- Romania: YO9KYO - ARR - Str. Stelica Berechet, 23 - RO-087070 Comuna Daia, Judetul Giurgiu
- Spain and Andorra: EA3RKF - FEDI-EA - P.O. Box 3050 - E-08200 Sabadell (Barcelona)
- Uruguay: CX3CCC - Radiogrupo Sur - P.O. Box 950 - 11000 Montevideo
- USA: W2EN - Douglas Rue - 21 Jeffrey Court - Somerville, NJ 08876
- Venezuela: YV4VV - Radio Club Valencia - P.O. Box 510 - 2001 Valencia, CA