The European Radio Amateurs' Organization announces its first party on the air with the motto:
"make new friends with classical phone". This is not a contest, it is just a radio meeting with a few simple 'rules',
better to call them recommendations.
Purpose: to have fun and meet hams all over the world. Of course SWLs are welcome to participate.
Date & time: December 7th and 8th, 2013, Saturday and Sunday, 00:00-24:00 UTC.
Bands & modes: 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m and 10m SSB, around the following recommended frequencies: 3.740, 7.090, 14.290, 21.360 and 28.390 MHz.
Call: "CQ EURAO Party".
Exchange: because this is a QSO event, not a contest, you can talk about whatever you want, in any language, and
for as long as you like. Here are some topic suggestions to get the conversation going: name, city, locator, weather, antennas, rigs, etc.
Also talk about QSL interchange. Tell the truth. Say "no, thanks" if you are not interested in QSL cards. But if you would like
to have a memory of your contact, feel free to use our EuroBureauQSL (see below).
Logs: for statistic purposes only, we ask participants to submit their logs to
firstname.lastname@example.org in ADIF format, where the filename should be your callsign (e.g. EA3RKF.ADI).
There will be no results or league tables, only statistical information about number of QSOs, countries, callsigns, OMs/YLs/Clubs, etc.
Certificate of Participation: for those sending the log and with a minimum of 10% QSOs confirmed.
EuroBureauQSL: you can use it to interchange QSLs even if you are not member. In this case, just send the QSL
to the entry point of the country of the station you have contacted.
Amateur Radio News... (cont.)
In a TV news format, CISAR,
Italian member association of EURAO,
keeps contact with its supporters and friends periodically.
In this issue there is a reportage of its HAM RADIO presence, a summary of the fair while driving back home and another reportage about
its General Assembly at the end of September, which had as special guests the President and the Vicepresident of
In the picture the presenter Mary, IZ3KZX's YL.
Vlaamse RadioAmateurs, ON4VRA,
a Belgian member association of EURAO,
publishes a monthly magazine in Flemish (Dutch) which is sent by email to its members.
This is just one of the many benefits of VRA membership, which in 2014 will cost 30 EUR.
Other benefits are: urgent information by email, QSL Service 100% guaranteed, civil liability insurance, special email email@example.com,
access to members section of the website, etc.
For example, the RadioAmateur issue of November had 25 pages, with articles about technics, antennas, scientific dissemination,
contests, special events, field day, software, history, propagation, agenda of activities, etc.
Give a try if you understand Flemish/Dutch.
About our members...
FRC, newly founded in 2013,
has been the last incorporation just before the approval of the first Statutes of EURAO,
so it achieves the status of founder member too.
EURAO Newsletter: issue dates
, quarterly and in two formats: pdf
EuroBureauQSL: entry points
- Argentina: LU1MA - CRC - P.O. Box 232 - 5500 Mendoza [web]
- Belgium: FRA - P.O. Box 1630 - B-1000 Brussels 1 [web]
- Chile: CE3FED - FEDERACHI - P.O. Box 9570 - Santiago 21 [web]
- France: F8URC - URC - 162 rue Roger Salengro - F-62330 Isbergues [web]
- Germany: DL0AFC - AFCD - P.O. Box 300128 - D-50771 Koeln [web]
- Greece: HAG - 22, Kassandras Str. - GR-10447 Votanikos - Athens (Attika) [web]
- Italy: IT9BCC - Nino Caracci - Via Campobello, 108 - 91022 Castelvetrano [web]
- Netherlands: PD3SV - Sieger Veenhoven - Grotestraat 17 - 7471 BK Goor [web]
- Portugal: CT1TGM - TRGM - P.O. Box 497 - P-3001-906 Coimbra [web]
- Russia: RO6L - RQSL - P.O. Box 515 - 344000 Rostov-on-Don [web]
- Spain and Andorra: EA3RKF - FEDI-EA - P.O. Box 3050 - E-08200 Sabadell (Barcelona) [web]
- Uruguay: CX3CCC - Radiogrupo Sur - P.O. Box 950 - 11000 Montevideo [web]
- Venezuela: YY5PEZ - Bernardino Elio de Barros Soares - P.O. Box 195, O.P.T. San Juan de los Morros - Estado Guarico - CP 2301